Clinics and Services

heartWe offer the following clinics and services

  • Antenatal Care (midwife led clinics off site)
  • Childhood Immunisations
  • Coronary Heart Disease clinic
  • Diabetic clinic
  • Asthma/COPD checks
  • Minor Surgery  - including cryotherapy
  • Smoking Cessation Clinics
  • Travel advice & vaccinations
  • Contraceptive Services-including Coil Fitting and Implants.
  • Walk-in Sexual Health Clinics  3:00-6:00pm Wednesdays CURRENTLY SUSPENDED 
  • Working in partnership with Time To Talk
  • Working in partnership with GPAH EXTENDED ACCESS TEAM  (Minor illness & Minor Illness)
  • Worthing Wellbeing Hub
  • In house pharmacists
  • In house Mental health Worker 
  • Local PCN consists of Ball Tree Surgery, Orchard Surgery and US 


Patients with Chronic Medical Conditions(i.e. Diabetes, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Asthma/COPD Chronic Kidney Disease and Epilepsy) will receive an invitation to attend the necessary clinic either Annually or 6 monthly depending on the condition. The letter of invitation explains how the system operates to make sure you have all the appropriate  checks each year.


pregnantHealth Promotion

New patients on repeat medication may require an appointment with a doctor. Women are advised to make an appointment with the nurse  either every 3 or 5 years for a cervical smear depending on age, invitations will be automatically sent to you by post.

Family Planning

As we are a small practice, we think it more appropriate to offer contraceptive advice and services by appointment with a doctor, rather than running a separate family planning clinic. Emergency contraception –the “morning after” pill– can be provided up to three days after a contraceptive accident. Female doctors are available to provide Coil fitting and Contraceptive implants. In addition New Pond Row is  now hosting a walk-in Sexual Health clinic one day a week.

Sickness Certificate

You do not need a doctors’ certificate for any illness lasting 6 days or less. Your employer may however require you to complete a self-certification form (SC2) which is available from your employer or on the HMRC website.For any illness lasting longer than 6 days, you will need a doctor's certificate(Fit Note); the doctor will normally need to see you or have a telephone consultation with you for this and for any further renewals.

Non NHS Services

These include private sickness certificates of all kinds, insurance claim forms including travel cancellations, and some medical examinations e.g. HGV and taxi medicals. There is a charge for these services. The Current price list is on display in the waiting room.  We no longer provide firearms reports for the police.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website